Last Updated: July 15, 2018
Our mission at Aced My Interview is to provide world-class mock interview and coaching sessions with real professional feedback.
Aced My Interview is a proud supporter of the Student Privacy Pledge to safeguard student privacy.
Aced My Interview Privacy Principles
- We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure online environment for you.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
- We do not display advertising on Aced My Interview. Our mission is to provide you with a better learning experience.
1. What information do we collect?
We take the information you provide to us very seriously, and we strive to put you in control of decisions around your information. If you create an account for the Aced My Interview Service, or communicate with Aced My Interview, you may provide to Aced My Interview what is generally called “Personal Information” or “Personal Data,” such as your full name, age, email address or other information that can be used to identify you. Information which cannot be used to identify you as an individual is “de-identified” or non-personal information. We collect information, including personal information, in a variety of ways which may vary according to your use of the Service and your account settings. The categories of personal information we collect may include:
- Contact and profile information
- Account and authentication information from third-party integrated services
- Location information
- Information about your browser or device
- Non-personal information which may be linked to your Personal Information Below, we describe examples of the categories of information we collect from and about you when you use our Service:
Information you provide to us and information we receive about you from others
Contact and profile information. When you create an account with Aced My Interview, or communicate with us, we may collect personal information including your name, email address, and birthdate. After you register, you may also choose to provide additional information in your profile, such as your nickname, location (city), and other personal or demographic information. In addition, you might be asked for personal information at other times, such as when you contact our technical support team, send us an email, complete a user survey, or otherwise communicate with Aced My Interview.
Information obtained from other users. We make available certain features on our Service that allow other users to provide us information about you. For example, a teacher or admin may provide information relating to a Student User, such as when a teacher registers an account for their Student and provides us with certain information about the Student, such as user name and age.
Information about how you access and use the Service
Information about your use of our Service. We may collect usage information about your use of our Service based off of the user dashboard such as the number of sessions you have attempted, average user grade, and anything involving the Aced Card viewing. This enables us to better tailor educational experiences that are most appropriate for you.
Location information. We may collect and use information about your location (such as your country) or infer your approximate location based on your IP address in order to provide you with tailored educational experiences for your region, but we don’t collect the precise geolocation of you or your device. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with any location information.
Usage and device information. To provide a personalized learning and high-quality experience for our users, we may use various technologies that automatically record certain technical information from your browser or device when you visit our website, read our emails, use our Service or otherwise engage with us. This information is typically collected through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, Flash objects, log files, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). These tracking technologies cookies collect information about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on the Service), information about your browser and online usage patterns (e.g., Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, pages viewed, whether you opened an email, links clicked), and information about the device(s) you use to access the Service (e.g., mobile device identifier, mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, and whether you access the Service from multiple devices). We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time. We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to better display our website, to save you time, to provide better technical support, for promotional purposes, and to track website usage. For example, cookies help us to:
- Keep track of whether you are signed in or have previously signed in so that we can display all the features that are available to you.
- Remember your settings on the pages you visit, so that we can display your preferred content the next time you visit.
- Customize the function and appearance of the pages you visit based on information relating to your account; for example, in order to default you to a particular study level, or to remember customized settings for a report.
- Track website usage for various purposes including sales, marketing, and billing.
2. How we use the information we collect
Aced My Interview uses this information in the following ways: To provide and enhance our Service. Aced My Interview uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features of our Service.
To personalize your experience. We use the information to personalize your experience while using the Service, including on various devices you may use to access the Service. For instance, Aced My Interview remembers your recent activity so we can recommend the most appropriate content for you on your next visit and provide personalized experiences for repeat business.
To communicate with you. We use your information to communicate with you about your account and respond to inquiries. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with information about Aced My Interview’s features or services that might be of interest.
To understand, improve, and develop our Service. Aced My Interview uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect from users to understand and analyze the usage trends, learning behaviors, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality. We may also use information to maintain, develop, support and improve our Service and other educational products and services.
To enable your participation in Aced My Interview partnership arrangements. We use your information to enable your participation in programs or features we may offer in partnership with third parties, to the extent you wish to participate in such programs. For personal data subject to the European Union General Data Processing Regulations (“GDPR”), we rely on several legal bases to process the data. These legal bases include where:
- The processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations in our Terms of Service or other contracts with you (such as to provide you the Service as described in our Terms of Service);
- You have given your prior consent, which you may withdraw at any time (such as for marketing purposes or other purposes we obtain your consent for from time to time);
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as in improving, personalizing, and developing the Service, marketing the Service, such as new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
If you have any questions about or would like further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
3. How we share or transfer data
Aced My Interview takes great care to protect the information you provide us. We DO NOT rent or sell Personal Information that we collect from users with third parties. Aced My Interview will disclose personal information when you consent or instruct us to share your personal information with third parties, or when we have a legitimate business or legal need to share your information. We may also disclose anonymous or aggregate information that does not reasonably identify you as an individual. To learn more, see additional description below.
When information is visible to others on the Service by default. Certain features and functions of the Service shares or makes your information accessible to others. As with most online services, once you make your Personal Information available to others online, it may be collected and used by the recipients or any other website visitor without restriction. You may wish to use a nickname or alias in your profile if you do not want your personal information shared with others in this way. For example, your personal information may be visible to others in the following circumstances:
application or service before authorizing access to your Aced My Interview account information.
- We may share data with social networks at your request. Some of our users choose to connect their Aced My Interview account with social networks. This functionality is entirely optional. If you have explicitly agreed that we may do so, Aced My Interview may disclose your Personal Information through a social network or similar service (like Facebook or LinkedIn). To control the information that you share, you have the option of modifying your Aced My Interview or social network settings or disconnecting your social network account from your Aced My Interview account.
- We may share data with third-party applications that you authorize. Third-party application developers and service providers (commonly known as “App Developers”) may build complementary services for our platform, such as a mobile application for visually-impaired learners to access our resources, or may use our Aced My Interview content to build unaffiliated applications and services. If you connect your Aced My Interview account to an application or service, or approve access to your Aced My Interview account by a third party application or service, you consent to Aced My Interview sharing your information with that third party. Again, only if you authorize it beforehand
- We may share data in connection with special programs you participate in. If you participate in special programs where Aced My Interview partners with third parties, Aced My Interview may share data collected from or about you with its third party partners to facilitate the program or services being offered. These program partners may use your information we share with them as described in their own privacy policies. We may share information with your consent. Aced My Interview does not share your Personal Information with third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional use without your consent. In some instances, you may be able to grant us permission to share your Personal Information with authorized partners, not-for-profit organizations, and other entities that are not affiliated with Aced My Interview. In these cases, we will only provide to these third parties the information you have authorized or asked us to share to these third parties. You may also choose to share content with others by email, or by posting Aced My Interview content to social media sites such as Facebook or LinkedIn. These third parties may use your information as described in their own privacy policies.
- We may share anonymous or aggregate data with others. We may use data which has been de-identified and/or aggregated for product development, research, analytics and other purposes, including for the purpose of analyzing, improving, or marketing the Aced My Interview Services. On certain occasions, Aced My Interview may share this data with business partners to improve our services or offerings. If we disclose information to authorized business partners to conduct research on online education or assist in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, promotions, and/or functionality on our Service, such data will be aggregated and/or anonymized to reasonably avoid identification of a specific individual. Other instances where we may share or disclose information for legal or business purposes.
- We will share data with employees and service providers. Aced My Interview may share information with our employees and trusted vendors, third party service providers and other individuals to provide services or products for us or on our behalf, which could include analytics, hosting, marketing and similar services. When we share personal information with third party service providers or vendors, these third parties are contractually obligated to maintain the security and confidentiality of that personal information.
- Other instances. Aced My Interview may release Personal Information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (d) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Aced My Interview, our users, or the public; or (f) as required or permitted by law.
4. Marketing and Sponsored Content
Messages from Aced My Interview We may, from time to time, send you an email regarding our products and services, also including instructions, FAQs, and tips and tricks. You can unsubscribe from these mailings at any time. See Section 6 below.
Sponsored Content Aced My Interview does not display any third party advertisements on the Service. Please note: From time to time, we may display YouTube video content created by third parties and not by Aced My Interview. While Aced My Interview-created video content does not display video advertisements, third party content may include advertising which we cannot control.
5. Third Parties and Online Advertising
YouTube Aced My Interview occasionally uses YouTube to display video content for use of how the Service works or how to set up before the Service begins. YouTube incorporates tracking technologies, which may be present in the YouTube videos embedded on the Service, which may collect information from your browser when you view the video on the Service, including device identifiers and/or cookie IDs. This information is collected directly and automatically by YouTube and its partners, and Aced My Interview does not participate in these data transmissions. Aced My Interview does not provide any Personal Information, such as user names, to YouTube. Aced My Interview has taken steps to minimize this tracking activity, to the extent we have controls over a third-party’s practices. We have turned on “Privacy-Enhanced Mode” for YouTube videos displayed on the Service. We also utilize Google’s “child-directed treatment” tags to alert Google that these YouTube videos may be embedded on webpages visited by children or students. You can learn more about Google’s practices at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. You may also be able to control ad tracking through YouTube by visiting the Google Ad Settings page, currently available at: https://adssettings.google.com.
Your choice and options relating to data collection and use At Aced My Interview, we use Personal Information as needed for the purposes for which it was collected or where you have consented to our use of your Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we store and use is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you discover that Personal Information or other data pertaining to you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date, please update your account information or contact us as outlined below.
You can unsubscribe from email communications. Aced My Interview may, from time to time, send you emails regarding our products and services, or products and services we think you may enjoy. Only Aced My Interview (or our vendors or service providers operating on our behalf that have been approved) will send you these emails. You can choose not to receive these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in any e-mail or via your Settings page. Please note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, changes or updates to features of the Service, or technical or security notices.
6. How to access, update, or delete your personal information
How to access or update your information. We want you to have access to your information, so that you can help keep it as accurate as possible. If you register and provide Aced My Interview with Personal Information, you may update, correct, or delete your account and information at any time by reviewing your profile information and preferences on your account settings page.
7. Our approach to Data Security
Data security is important to you, and to us. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information to confirm your identity, and we may require that you create and use a password to access certain parts of our Service. You should create and maintain a strong password to help ensure the security of your account.
We try to ensure that our Service and information sent to us are safe, but no security measures are perfect. Aced My Interview uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information and other information we maintain in connection with our Service. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any or all of the information you transmit to Aced My Interview, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Aced My Interview makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) or similar technologies. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and will notify you of the security incident in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
8. School Users and Student Records
Aced My Interview is dedicated to providing high-quality educational content. We strive to implement best practices to protect the privacy of all of our student and non-student users, alike. To help our School partners address their obligations to protect their students’ data privacy, we have implemented additional controls and procedures for schools, school districts and teachers (collectively referred to as “Schools”) when they enter into a contract with Aced My Interview to use the Service as part of the School’s educational curriculum via the Admin Dashboard. When the Service is used as part of the School’s educational curriculum, the personal information related to the School’s student users (“School Users”) that is (i) provided to Aced My Interview by a student or by a School, or (ii) collected by Aced My Interview during the provision of the Service to a School, may include information defined as “educational records” by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) or other information protected by similar student data privacy laws. We call this information “Student Records.” Please note, because many of our user accounts are used for both School and non-School purposes, only personal information relating to user accounts which are (1) created by a School, or (2) created by a School User at the direction of a School, using a School email address and associated with a School’s class on the Service, and (3) created pursuant to a contract between Aced My Interview and the School, are designated as Student Accounts with associating Student/User Dashboards on Aced My Interview. Student Accounts shall not include information a student or other individual may provide to Aced My Interview independent of the student’s use of the Service at the direction of the School. For example, if a user connects his/her existing Aced My Interview account (i.e., an account associated with a non-School or personal email address and created outside of her use of the Service for the School’s purposes) to a School’s class on the Service, the personal information and profile data associated with the account shall not be considered “Student Accounts.”
- We do not disclose Student Accounts for targeted advertising purposes. While we do permit third party advertising partners to operate on our Service for the purpose of retargeting, analytics and attribution services, we disable third party ad networks when a School User logs into a School User account on the Service.
- We do not build a personal profile of a School User other than in furtherance of an educational purpose or as authorized by a Parent.
- We maintain a comprehensive data security program designed to protect the types of Student Records maintained by the Service.
- We will clearly and transparently disclose our data policies and practices to our users.
How we retain and delete Student Accounts. We will not knowingly retain Student Accounts beyond the time period required to support an educational purpose, unless authorized by a School, student or parent. Many of our users continue to use their accounts for a personal, non-School purpose and may associate their accounts with their personal accounts. In such cases, the user shall be responsible for account deletion requests. All users, including School Users can delete their accounts and all personal information associated with the account at any time through account Settings. See “How can I cancel or delete my account” in the Aced My Interview FAQ Help Center for instructions. The School is responsible for managing Student Accounts which the School no longer needs for an educational purpose by submitting a deletion request when such data is no longer needed. Schools should contact us at email@example.com to request deletion of Student Accounts associated with the School’s use of Aced My Interview. Please note that Aced My Interview cannot comply with a School’s request to delete personal information in a user account except for School User accounts created by a School (i.e., using a School email address and/or an account login provided by a School) pursuant to a contractual agreement between the School and Aced My Interview, or unless the user requests deletion directly. We will also not be able to delete information associated with School User accounts that the School User has associated with a personal account.
Questions about Student Records. If you have questions about specific practices relating to Student Accounts provided to Aced My Interview by a School, please direct your questions to your School.
9. How does Aced My Interview protect Children’s privacy?
Aced My Interview does not permit children under the age of 13 (a “Child” or “Children”) to create an account without the consent and at the direction of a Parent or School. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we have inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 without parental consent so that we may delete the information as soon as possible. Children under 13 may create an account with the parent’s consent. When Aced My Interview is used by a School in an educational setting, we may rely on the School to provide the requisite consent for Aced My Interview to collect information from a School User under the age of 13, in lieu of parental consent.
10. International Visitors
Our Service is operated and managed on servers located within the United States. If you choose to use our Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that differ from United States law, then you acknowledge that Aced My Interview will transfer your personal information to the United States for the purpose of performing the Service according to our contract (e.g., our Terms of Service) and for any other purpose for which you provide explicit, informed consent.
11. European Union Data Protection
Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to personal information that we hold about them:
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to your personal information, along with certain related information, and to receive that information in a commonly used format and to have it transferred to another data controller;
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information; and
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing. You may also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
12. Links to other sites
14. Contacting Aced My Interview
Please contact Aced My Interview with any questions or comments. By email: email@example.com By phone: 888-822-3348 By mail: Aced My Interview, LLC. | 115 Bridgeport Avenue, Milford CT, 06460 USA
You may also wish to visit the Aced My Interview Help Center which hosts useful FAQs and information that you may find helpful.